Tuesday, December 31
2013 has been another great year for the Nate Berrett family. We didn't go on a "summer trip" this year, but we were able to go camping a few times, work is still good for both of us, school is good for Nate, we are having a baby next year and life is good.
Here are some of our highlights from the year (Not in any particular order):
1) Dain and Ash got married! On June 14th, Nate's older brother Dain got married to Ash. It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day and I am so happy to have the two of them in my life. Its so fun to have them live in Utah also so that we are able to do stuff with them often!
2) I ran a half marathon! In July a pioneer day half marathon up in Farmington. I prepared a lot for it, though the farthest I ran before the actual race was about 8.5 miles, I was able to finish the half marathon under my goal time of 2.5 hours (just barely - I finished it in 2:26) and without walking at all!
3)We hiked to the top of Mt. Timpanogos. Since I moved to Utah 7 years ago I have wanted to hike to the top of Mt. Timpanogos. Finally this summer Nate and I were able to do it. The Mountain peak is at 11,752 feet and the hike was pretty excruciating, especially cause we thought there would be more water/rivers along the way, but we made it to the top and back down (which was even harder for me) and I am so glad we did it!
4) We're having a baby! Due May 16, 2014 baby Berrett should make his/her appearance! We couldn't feel more blessed to become parents to this sweet little one and can't wait to find out the gender in two days!
5) We went to Virginia for Thanksgiving! We were able to get a couple days of work and fly out to Virginia for the Thanksgiving holiday. Lots of good food was eaten, lots of gaming was done, and most of all we enjoyed spending so much time with family!
6) We spent Christmas in California! We were able to spend Christmas with my parents were we got totally spoiled by each other, our parents and everyone else with lots of fantastic gifts! We also got to go to SeaWorld, the San Diego Safari Park, the dog beach, see extended family, reunite with friends, and have a blast playing lots of new games we got as presents!
As you can see, 2013 was a really great year for us but I have a feeling 2014 is going to be even better!