Sunday, March 20

Our Story (Aimee's version)

Recently, I've had a couple of friends write the stories of how they met their sweeties, and I thought that it would be a good idea to record "our story" down as well.

On May 19, 2009 Elise told me that she was going with a few friends (and a boy she liked) on a road trip to California, and that I should come along. She told me there was a cute boy going and that he wanted to meet me. They were having a planning meeting, and she invited me to that so all the details of the trip could be worked out. I went to the "meeting" with Elise and looked around to see who was going. Of course I was looking to see if there were any cute boys, but I didn't want anyone else to know that. But somehow they caught on, and noticed my wandering eyes, and teased me about it after. I thought Nate was cute, but I still didn't know if I was going yet, cause of school work and such, (also I was almost dating someone else). I decided to go, and I didn't think there was any harm in flirting with a cute boy.

We went to California and I think I was paying special attention to Nate, but he wasn't treating me any way different than the other girls. I was already feeling jealous because he had dated one of the other girls that were on the trip.

My parents came and picked me up and I spent Saturday night at their house, and went to church with them and had dinner. They drove me back up to Laguna Sunday evening and the group sat around a little fire in the back yard. I still thought Nate was cute, so I made sure to sit by him around the fire. He touched my leg and rubbed it a little and then my arm, and I was excited, but didn't know what to think of it. Later we all went inside and watched Finding Nemo. Nate and I sat by each other on the couch and he got a blanket and put it over our laps. We held hands under the blanket.

After the movie was over and everyone else was going to bed, Elise and Dain and Nate and I stayed up talking and playing "would you rather". Nate and I were sitting on a beanbag together, cuddling a little bit, and Elise and Dain were on a couch. It was dark in the room, and in between talking Nate kissed me. Eventually we went to bed, and Nate gave me a little kiss goodnight. At this point, I still didn't know what to think. I didn't know if this was a one time thing, or if anything would happen from it. I didn't tell Elise that we kissed because I didn't know what was going to happen.

The next day, half of the group had to drive back to Utah because we had class the next day. I was in the group going back to Utah, but Nate was in the group staying in California for another day. We all went to the beach in the morning. I was wandering the beach with Elise and Dain because I didn't know when we were leaving. I didn't get to say good bye to Nate because they all went somewhere else. He text me saying he was sad we didn't get to say goodbye.

We text a few times on the drive back and I finally told Elise what happened, but that I still didn't know what would take place after. I didn't get to see Nate the next day cause they got back to Utah so late. We saw each other a couple times in the next few days, but I was busy with a school project and he had work, so it wasn't very much.
Our first picture together

Some of the group
May 30th, 2009 - We became "a couple". We had the quickest "DTR" ever. While we were talking about who knows what Nate asked if we were a couple, and together we decided we were.

May 31, 2009 - We put it on facebook that we were in a relationship. I remember being so excited and texting Elise and telling her to look at my facebook. I don't think I ever said in a relationship with anyone else on facebook before.

Jun  6, 2009 - We had our first real date. We went up to the canyon and had a fire with bratwurst, and smores.(We had another date like this just before we got married, at the same park in the canyon and we had hot dogs and smores)

First Date

Last Date - un married

July 2, 2009 - Nate said "I wuv you".

July 18, 2009 - Nate said " I love you" to me. We were in the kitchen of his apartment and he whispered it in my ear. I didn't say it back right away, but said it back later that night.

Aug 2009 - Nate said we would get married (not that we might, but that we would)

Nov 2009 - We drove to California to stay with my parents for Thanksgiving. 

Where we would be married
January 2010 - We decided we were getting married in June instead of the previous thought August.

Feb 10, 2010 - I called the San Diego temple and set it up for us to be married June 26 at 12 in the afternoon. (At this point I thought we wouldn't be getting engaged for another couple months, so I wanted to call the temple and make sure we got the date and time we wanted)

Feb 12, 2010 - Nate and I got engaged! Nate completely surprised me with this, he told me we were going to a lunch for his work and made all this stuff up about games we would play, and food we would have. We went to Rock Canyon Park and we were walking around (no one else was there, but he told me we were a few minutes early). Then he told me there was no luncheon, at this point I was just confused. He took a little box out of his pocket and told me a bunch of reasons why he loved me. I don't think I realized what was going on yet. I started crying because it was beautiful, and he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! I was so excited I pulled the ring out of the box and put it on my own finger.

My beautiful ring

June 25, 2010 - We took out our endowments together.
June 26, 2010 - We got married. The day was beautiful and the weather was perfect. Although I'm sad the temple was covered in scaffolding, I am still glad I got married in SD. I wanted to get married in that temple since I was a little girl, and Nate helped all my dreams to come true.

Life has never been better. We've been married for almost 9 months now, and I can't wait for the rest of our life together.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know he was such a fast mover!! go nate!! haha it's funny we both kinda cheated on guys we were sort of dating...oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% correct. Thank you for including me everywhere in it :) I was the girl who brought them together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you wrote this down. I loved reading some of the things I did not know exactly about and that Nate fell in love with you so quick. What joy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Aimee This is so cute! I love it. I remember hanging out the day you guys got engaged. It was so fun. We are going to have to set our kids up. Because we need to be related, we missed out with Brandon's sister and Nate's brother. We should start planning matching family vactions!

    Love you guys! I love looking back at baseball game pictures of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute story. It's always fun to look back at what happened and what each person was thinking at the time.
    Also, did you get married in 2010? You put that you took your endowments out and that you were married in 2009.

    ReplyDelete