Friday, June 3

Timp Caves

Because I got stuck working all three days of the Memorial Day weekend (covering shifts for other people), my supervisor said I could take one day off during the week. Nate and I decided we would both take Wednesday afternoon (because I still had to teach in the morning) off and we would do something fun.

Nate had never been, and it had been about 8 years for me, so we decided to go up to Timpanogos Cave. The hike to the cave, although VERY steep is only about 1.5 miles, and its got a gorgeous view the whole way up. It cost 7$ per person to get in, but it was a pretty cool experience. Plus we got lucky and our tour group was only 4 people, so we got special attention from our guide.

If you're looking for a fun activity to occupy a few hours of your time, I would totally recommend this.

View of the valley as we hiked up.


Nate was upset to see snow in June. But when he picked it up, it turned into a magical glowing rock.
 
pollen on my nose.





A heart drawn out of the pollen that accumulated on our car during the 3.5 hours we were gone.

2 comments:

  1. I've never done this hike before...It looks way fun! In answer to your question on my blog, we live in salt lake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice boogar nose. I want to do that hike!

    ReplyDelete